I moved back to Colorado in June of 2011 for a job at a great company with a bit of a shift in my engineering career. The main reason for moving back to Colorado was for this very reason. However, sometimes I like to tell folks that one reason for my move back was for [...]
I found the following Ops/DevOps/NoOps articles very good and interesting reads to get an idea of how different folks in the Web industry view and implement the traditional ‘Systems Operations’ role.
I’ve been familiar w/ IRC for ages now but I haven’t been on IRC consistently for some time until recently and because of this – mainly due to my current job role – I’ve been wanting to connect to my preferred IRC network – FreeNode – behind a TOR proxy. I simply want to be [...]
Like my electronic mail, I like to keep my analog (snail) mail down to a minimum – as streamlined as possible. Thus, this means receiving mail that I actually expect and want; and mail that I actually spend more than 3 seconds perusing. So, whenever I get mail that I don’t want – e.g. catalogs/credit card [...]
Spent 5 minutes today to check out Google’s new Android app. They call it ‘Androidify‘ and it allows the user to create an Android character-based avatar of themselves. You pretty much get a blank Android avatar and go through a wardrobe of options to skin the avatar to your personal tastes and liking. [...]
I wanted to describe a small hack (or loophole) that I’ve been exploting in Twitter’s new user registration service to register multiple Twitter accounts with a single GMail email address.
With Twitter (as with most web services) you can only attach one email address to a Twitter username – e.g. @CNN might use the email [...]
I think someone needs to push more for underwear with pockets so I don’t have to do the following anymore:
I see there is a company selling such underwear for men. If you search ‘underwear with pockets’ on Google they are the first search result (won’t link to them here). Now the only [...]
I was at a wedding dinner a few weeks ago. It was a Pakistani wedding ceremony. One day of many, in a nonstop month long confusing celebration of joy and ass-kissing.
I was seated at a round table with about 7 others around me. As usual, I was the odd-looking man out, since it was [...]
- Had a great time at #gluecon. A great gathering of smart minds and ideas. about 9 hours ago
- RT @neha: I am starting a distributed systems reading group at MIT. Suggestions on papers to read? Current list here: https://t.co/X6zObjse… about 10 hours ago
- Evernote finally becomes a proper to-do app with new Reminders feature http://t.co/04Y8b2ErjS about 10 hours ago
- @rdio not a fan of this new gradient color scheme on mobile app. about 17 hours ago in reply to Rdio
- RT @launchany: Amazing first day at #gluecon. In case you missed it, here is the hub page for my notes so far: http://t.co/YgahUeUjXf 08:23:42 PM May 22, 2013