I recently open sourced a tool on GitHub, Magnum, which I designed while at Pearson eCollege to make everyday Puppet module development a whole lot easier. Some of Magnum’s major features are the following:
- Allows for quickly creating a working Puppet module directory
- Sets up puppet-lint for lint testing
- Sets up rspec-puppet for unit testing
- Sets up Serverspec for integration testing
- Sets up a working Vagrant environment for testing the overall Puppet module
Check Magnum out for yourself on GitHub and let me know what you think!
UPDATE: 02/2016 - I’ve made a lot of updates to Magnum recently and it now supports Puppet 4 by default. The tool has been renamed to puppet-magnum as well to make it easier to find and install via RubyGems.org.